Launch.menu is the service that enables users to collect and discover web content through our website located at www.quickstart.menu and by using related applications and the Launch.menu bookmarklet extension for your internet browser. For simplicity, we’ll refer to any or all of this as the “Service”.
Our Core Privacy Principles:
- We take your privacy very seriously.
- We collect your information to provide and improve our Service and increase your enjoyment in using it.
- Providing us with your Personal Information is your choice.
What information does Launch.menu collect when you sign up?
The only information you are required to provide is your name, your email (which will not be publicly visible) and a password (which will not be publicly visible). All other information you provide when registering or later add to your profile is optional.
Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email address. We use your Personal Information to provide the Service and administer your inquiries. We will also use your Personal Information to contact you with Launch.menu newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “Settings” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,”below.) We do not collect Personal Information from users who are not registered.
Non-Identifying Information is the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your user experience examples may include: zip code (on its own), gender and geolocation. We may use Non-Identifying Information alone or aggregated with the Non-Identifying Information of other users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combination of your Personal and Non-Identifying information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Service Usage Information. When you use our Service our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”), including, but not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for via our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service (e.g., to understand how our users interact with advertisements), for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Like many websites and online services, we use “cookies” on our Service to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Service, to save your preferences and personalize the Service for you, to monitor aggregate usage by Launch.menu Users and web traffic routing on our Service and to improve our Service generally. Third party advertisers may also place or read cookies on your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service.
Do you share my information with others?
Personal Information. Your user name, name, and any profile information you choose to add may be publicly available so consider whether you want to any include Personal Information in your profile. Content you add to the Service (things like links, comments, notes, titles, etc…) will be private unless you choose to mark your submission as ‘public’ or ‘shared’ and you should keep in mind that your user name (and hence your profile and everything in it) will be associated with all such public submissions. Any User Content marked private will only be viewable to you and those users to whom you explicitly grant access. Other than the foregoing, we do not share Personal Information with third parties except as follows:
- Third Party Social Networking Services. Registered users may link their accounts with certain third party social networking services (“SNSs”). In these instances, with your permission and on your behalf, we will share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, information contained in your profile and any bookmarks with the applicable SNS. Through use of such services’ APIs we also receive certain information (which may include your Personal Information) in accordance with the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, if any. Other than what we may share with the SNS in connection with your linking of accounts, the personal information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service. Other services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other services you use.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We may disclose any of your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect QuickStart.menus’ rights or property.
- Business Transfers. QuickStart.menu may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We will provide you with notice of the transfer of your Personal Information to the new entity.
Non-Identifying and Service Usage Information. We may share Non-Identifying Information and Service Usage Information in aggregated or non-aggregated formats with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us or via the “Settings” section of the Site. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Launch.menu is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances (e.g., we encrypt certain information using secure socket layer technology (SSL)). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser or third party website by “clicking on” a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites or over the choice of which third party sites are linked to using the service. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit. Launch.menu contains affiliate links resulting in a commission if you make a purchase.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
We may make Modifications or Changes
Launch.menu may, at its sole discretion, choose to modify, discontinue or terminate the Service, at any time and without prior notice. Launch.menu may also choose to modify the Terms. If we choose to modify the Terms, we’ll post them and give you a chance to provide feedback before they become effective except in extraordinary circumstances where we think it’s important for them to become effective as soon as they are posted in which case we’ll make that clear. Once they become effective your continued use of the Service will mean you agree to be bound by the new terms. If you don’t agree then you need to stop using the Service.
Last modified June 28, 2015